If so, then this blog’s for you!
KathyThePictureLady will help people of all ages learn a little about artists and great works of art and shine some light on them from God’s Word. God is sovereign over all creation, including art, and we are to understand it in light of a Christian world view. We are to “take every thought captive to obey Christ…” (2 Cor. 10:5). KathyThe PictureLady won’t overwhelm you, won’t show you inappropriate artwork, and won’t require you to lift those heavy art books!
The title for this blog comes from one day when I was cleaning in my art room and discovered a folder labeled “The Picture Lady.” Intrigued, I sat down to look through the papers, which turned out to be directions for volunteers who would go to regular classrooms to help children and teachers learn a little more about great artists and their work. I certainly did this in the art room, but what a wonderful way to reach even more people! Due to scheduling difficulties, the Picture Lady program was no longer possible there, but I have always wanted to use the idea to help people of all ages enjoy art.
So there you have it—a blog that will help you understand great art and give a short devotional thought taken from these. I’m starting out a little slow, just one a month, but hope to be doing two a month soon.
- The artworks will be posted right here in full color for you to see as you read, but I will tell you where the real thing is, as well as the locations of other works by the same artist.
- Coming up first will be a painting by Winslow Homer, not one of his ocean scenes, but one called The Country School. It is from an earlier period in his life when he painted mostly scenes of everyday life.
- Now take a look at my About Me page to learn a little, well… about me.
- So be sure and sign up to receive this blog by email so you won’t miss any of the great art coming your way!
- And please tell your friends about KathyThePictureLady.